- The dates for the 2017 New York State ELA (English Language Arts) exams are: March 28, 29 and 30
- The dates for the 2017 New York State math exams are: May 2, 3 and 4
- Exams are for all students in grades 3, 4 and 5
- Exams will be similar to those from 2016, so that they can be compared
- Exams will be untimed (although it is expected that most students will complete each exam within 60-90 minutes, depending on the day and their grade)
- Parents should know that their children are being well prepared for the exams by their classroom teachers
As always, if you have questions about testing, or the Common Core, please feel free to reach out to Ms. Koatz, assistant principal, at 718-263-9770, ext. 1240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we all know, testing is a regular part of school life. The purpose of tests can range from letting teachers know what students need to work on (formative tests), to assessing all that students have learned (summative tests). Student testing at the New York State and New York City levels are part of the accountability called for in the federal and state laws.
In a continuing effort to keep you informed, we will be posting links to sites and documents that have to do with state and city testing. If you have any questions about testing, you can contact our assistant principal, Catherine Koatz .
2016-2017 New York State Testing Calendar: new-york-state-exam-dates