On Friday, February 9th, PS196Q took part in National No One Eats Alone Day! On this day we especially wanted children to feel included, valued and accepted by their peers. Students took part in fun partner activities during their lunch period, which helped initiate conversations with their peers that hopefully led to new friendships. The goal of National No One Eats Alone Day was to bring students closer together, spread kindness, positivity and hope!
Click to open this presentation:
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year. We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Here are some important announcements:
- Please see this document (Dismissal Exits 2017-2018-27ufdpc) for dismissal exits.
- If you are bringing supplies, please make sure that the BAGS and SUPPLIES are labeled with your child’s full name and 3-digit class code.
- Please make sure that all children in grades 1-5 know their class number. You can quiz them on your way to school. 🙂
- The building will open at 8:20 a.m. for indoor line-up and breakfast (for grades 1-5). Please DO NOT drop off your children (or supplies) earlier than that, unless you paid for our early morning program through Maria Romero.
- KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS: Tomorrow is a half day for kindergarten (9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.). Please try to come as close to 9:15 a.m. as possible. Kindergarten students and their parents will ENTER THROUGH THE CUL-DE-SAC on 72nd AVENUE (on THURSDAY ONLY). You will be led by staff to our front playground area, where you will line up by class number (011, 012, etc.).
- 1st AND 2nd GRADE STUDENTS: Students in these grades will enter through our main entrance—by the lighted PS196 sign. Staff will be there to help guide students to their rooms and to bring in any supplies.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th GRADE STUDENTS: For Thursday ONLY, all upper grade students should enter through our OLD MAIN entrance—near where the cars are parked. Staff will be there to help guide students to their rooms and to bring in any supplies.
- PRE-K STUDENTS: You were emailed directions from Ms. Koatz. Please let her know if you did not receive the email (email@example.com).
Also, please see the following announcements from our After School Program Director, Maria Romero. Remember, you must sign up for this service—www.afterschoolps196.com. Any questions about these items should be directed to Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Parents: Afterschool Program Meeting Tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 7th, 1:30 pm in the auditorium.
- First Day of Afterschool Program for Kindergarten is on Monday, Sept. 11th. Please send a note to your child’s teacher to let them know that they will be going to after school, if you have signed up for this program.
- First Day of Afterschool Program for Grades 1 -5 is on Thursday, Sept. 7th. Please send a note to your child’s teacher to let them know that they are going to after school, if you have signed up for this program.