If you were not able to make it to Ms. Koatz’s Data-Tech meeting, we have attached the PowerPoint here (ela-math-parent-workshop-november-2016).
Here are some of the key points from the presentation:
- The dates for the 2017 New York State ELA (English Language Arts) exams are: March 28, 29 and 30
- The dates for the 2017 New York State math exams are: May 2, 3 and 4
- Exams are for all students in grades 3, 4 and 5
- Exams will be similar to those from 2016, so that they can be compared
- Exams will be untimed (although it is expected that most students will complete each exam within 60-90 minutes, depending on the day and their grade)
- Parents should know that their children are being well prepared for the exams by their classroom teachers
As always, if you have questions about testing, or the Common Core, please feel free to reach out to Ms. Koatz, assistant principal, at 718-263-9770, ext. 1240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.